I’m looking for one or more video editors, part-time, full-time, or freelance to help me with the Design Exchange Podcast.
Check out http://dxsaigon.com/podcast for examples of my podcast.
Currently, I’m producing 1 episode per week. Initially, I plan to continue editing the main episode myself but eventually want to hand it over to a future dxSaigon staff member.
Clips Editor / Social Media Content Producer:
What I need help with initially is to take my 1-hour long podcast and split it into approximately:
- 7 clips of 1-20 minutes in length for sharing on a Youtube Clips channel, with a channel bumper at the end
- The same 7 clips with burned-in subtitles to be shared on Facebook (wide)
- The same 7 clips with burned in subtitles and a fixed super-title for Instagram TV (tall).
- 21 clips 0-1 minute soundbites for sharing on TikTok
- I may do the uploading for the first week or two but you will eventually be uploading directly to these services.
This is every single week. I don’t care how long it takes you to complete the work, when you work, or where you work — but I do care that you finish on time and with an acceptable level of quality.
Knowledge of graphic design, audio editing, and davinci resolve are a plus. Knowledge of video editing and platform resolutions / rendering settings is a must (you can look them up online if you don’t know).
Full Podcast Episode Editor (Audio):
I’m not actively looking for an Audio engineer, but if you think you can edit my podcast audio quicker and better than I can, please let me know. There’s a lot of mic bumps that need to be removed…
Estimated time 4 hrs / week.
Full Podcast Episode Editor (Video):
Each episode requires the following tasks:
- Sync footage and audio
- Set up multicamera angles (digital zoom in and sharpen on each speaker)
- Create multicam clip (speaker 1, speaker 2, wideshot)
- Initial multicam edit — cutting to each speaker ~ 0.5-1.0 seconds after they start speaking
- cutting to wide angle if one shot is too long
- removing awkward pauses and “ummmm” sounds when possible, changing camera angles to mask the edit when possible
- adding titles and end-card
- adding b roll
- marking the timeline with each segment and notes about the topic
- replacing audio with engineered audio
- exporting the project for youtube
- exporting the timeline markers for show notes
- uploading to youtube for review
- making adjustments if requested
Target completion time: 8 hours if you stay on task, not inclusive of rendering or upload time. But realistically about 2 days.